Thursday, July 9, 2009

Girl hang out.


July 6, 2009

This morning I got up, called my fiancé and had some breakfast before heading out to the train station.  I walked because I didn’t have money in francs for the bus and I didn’t want to bother with it.  It was about a twenty minute walk and luckily it wasn’t too hot.  It was sort of sad to watch Como get smaller and smaller out the window; it’s such a beautiful place and I’m going to miss it. 

I got to Milano around 2:30 in the afternoon and I told my friend Yami that I would meet her at the Duomo so we could hang out.  I stopped by Jackelin’s house to drop my back pack and luckily she was there so I brought her along as well.  Yami brought her little sister Eliana so us four went to McDonalds.  It was fun just talking and getting to know each other.  Yamila was a big help to the sister missionaries when I was here as a mission.  She was actually at Jackelin’s baptism.  Yamila got her mission call and will be serving on Temple Square.  She leaves next month.  It was fun talking to her because she had questions for me about the mission and about what she needs to take and things like that.  It’s fun to see someone at this stage who’s so excited to start this great experience. 

I was really glad that Jackelin was there because she seemed like she had a lot of fun chit chatting and having girl talk time.  After Mc Donalds we went down the shopping stores and looked around.  We had fun trying stuff on and admiring window displays.  Afterwards we all came back to Jackelin’s house and watched music videos for a while.  Then they all sat around and watched me pack since I’m going home tomorrow.   

Later that night Jackelin’s sister Daisy did my nails and my hair so I could look cute going home tomorrow.  We had a lot of fun talking about things and just getting to know each other.  

2 comments:

bella utahan said...

so now that you are back in the states will you change your blog name??? Italy misses you!

Dani said...

Hm...I might just start a new blog. I know...I miss Italy as well. Hey, I can't find those earrings that my friend from the market gave me in Verona. You haven't seen them around have out? When are you coming to Utah?