Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Together Again


Wow, It’s really been a long time since I’ve written. I’ve been telling myself I’ll sit down and catch up on everything so I’m going to try and attempt to do so.

The last time I wrote it was for the 6th of July.

The 7th of July

was a GREAT day! It was the day that I had been dreaming about my whole time in Italy…the day that I would be able to come back to my LOVE! I got ready in the morning. I had hardly slept from all the excitement. I got my things packed and organized and then I said goodbye to Jackelin. It was extremely bittersweet. I absolutely love that girl! Her brother Yickson was nice enough to accompany me to the airport so I didn’t have to carry and pull all of my luggage by myself. So we went out around 7am but Milano must have been sad to see me go because it was raining CATS and DOGS!!! Seriously! It was raining so hard that the water was up to our ankles! Poor Yickson had no other option that to just try to drag my suitcase through it all. I prayed that it would be amazingly waterproof! I had gotten all pretty so that I could look good for JR when he came to get me at the airport but with all the rain I just looked like a drenched cat! I had packed my sweater so I was freezing but nothing could get my mood down because I was so excited to see JR. We had to take 2 metro’s and 1 bus to get to the airport. After we finally got there the rain slowed down…grrr! I went into the bathroom and changed my clothes. I held my cute outfit under the blow dryer to see if it would dry so I could still wear it when I met JR. It was DRENCHED!! I opened up my suitcase and everything was moist…I guess the bottom of the suitcase had done it’s best to survive the flood but water still got in. I packed everything back up and headed to customs. My first flight was from Milan to the Netherlands. I slept most of the way. Of course, just like the Italian way the flight was late. In the Netherlands I got on a different flight for Detroit. I sat next to this cute little girl and her mother. The mom was from the Netherlands but she was married to an American and lived in America. The little girl was so cute and spoke both languages. As I was sitting next to her I said, “Are you going to be my friend?!” In a very excited voice and she just looked at me, smiled, and nodded. She was very friendly and did well most of the flight. Whenever she would say the word “no” she would say it in dutch, “ni”. The flight was long. SOOO long I think it was like 8 hours or something like that. I watched a few movies and slept for a while. When we finally got in to Detroit I had missed my connecting flight so I was put on to a later flight. I called JR and let him know. It was SOOO nice to hear his voice over the telephone instead of over the internet. I found a bathroom and tried to make myself as presentable as possible. I finished drying my things with the air dryer and brushed my teeth. I called JR again and we talked for a while until it was time for my flight. When my flight got into Salt Lake it was around 10 pm. I was extremely tired! I went downstairs to luggage claim and there he WAS!!! Oh, he looked so adorable and handsome! We walked towards each other and hugged for a long time. It was a beautiful moment. After that we got my things and headed to the car. JR pulled out my engagement ring and put it back on my finger. I was so excited to have it again! I had left it with him because I was afraid of taking it to Italy. We talked on the way to my grandparent’s house and it was hard to say goodbye for the night, I just wanted to keep him forever.

No comments: