July 5, 2009
SUNDAY! We went to church this morning. I saw my good friend Stefania and sat next to her during relief society. She has a 8 month old baby. She’s so cute! I’m glad that they had a baby because I remember they wanted to start a family when I was here. So many newly weds in the ward are starting their families and it’s great to see that the church is growing. Before the next class started I spotted Giustina and went over to say hello. Giustina was a lady that I taught here in Como right before I went home from the mission. She was interested at first but she refused to read whenever we would leave things for her to read in the book of moron and she never came to church even when she said that she would. We dropped her for a whole transfer but then we picked her up again because the work was slow and I wanted to give it another shot. Still she didn’t progress. I begged her to come to church my last Sunday here in Como and she said that she would do it just for me. She came but then when it was time to leave she left and we were like, “well, what did you think?” She was sort of “whatever” about it so when I left I told my companion that she could go visit her once in a while but that it was probably best to just drop her since she didn’t want to progress. Six months later I found out that she got baptized. I couldn’t believe it! Ahhh, what joy! When I saw her again today she started crying and said, “I think I just saw and angel. Are you real?!” Awww, I was so happy to see her in church. She’s come such a long way. She’s actually going to the temple to receive her endowment at the end of this month. WOW! I’m so grateful to Heavenly Father who really takes care of each of his children. Ahhh, I love the gospel!
After church I was invited to lunch at my friend Miryam’s house. She’s from Milano and I met her there when I was here as a nanny my first time in Italy. She’s since gotten married and now lives with her husband here in Como. She’s SO funny! She says the most random and hilarious things sometimes. She makes me laugh and her husband teases her because of the things that she says. It’s so cute to see them. They got married a couple of months ago and they have their house decorated all cute. Ahhh, JR, I can’t wait to marry you and set up our cute little place together! I love you!
After we had lunch we sat on the couch and they showed me their wedding fotos on the computer. I totally fell asleep so they turned on a movie and everyone sort of napped on the couch. Hmm, it was so relaxing. After the movie they woke me up and gave me a ride to my friend Linda’s house.
Linda was awesome and totally loves the sister missionaries. She also served a mission in Catania and she’s been home for about 4 or 5 years now. She actually twisted her ankle just the other day so she was on crutches when I went over. We just sat and talked. We caught each other up on our lives. I told her all about JR and talked about how we’re totally and completely in love! It was great.
From Linda’s I walked over to Giustina’s house because she had invited me over for dinner. Marisa (another lady from the ward) had been invited over as well. I’m so happy that they’ve become friends because they’re a lot a like. They’re both in their sixties, they’ve both been divorced and they both like to joke around and be silly. I was so happy to see Giustina happy. She seems so different now. I love seeing her this way!
It’s so weird because this whole week I’ve sort of been hanging out by myself and not really talking to anyone other than when Viola gets home from work. So today I had to be social and talk to people. I sort of forgot how to do it and I really had to remind my self to concentrate on the conversation and give input. Since that’s all that missionaries do I got really good at it on my mission. I guess it’s just one of those things that you have to keep practicing to keep up or else you become an anti-social…maybe like me?
1 comment:
i love the picture, i can even see my reflection in the window!
Post a Comment