Monday, June 8, 2009

Riding in the rain

June 7, 2009

Fast Sunday!  It’s been sort windy the past few days and when Hillary and I left he house this morning Rita said she thought it might rain.  I didn’t think so because the sun was out so we didn’t think much of it.  Church was full of visitors today.  All of the visitors were from some part of Utah.  Isn’t that funny?  They weren’t together or anything.  The total number of actual ward members present today was around 6.  I Total visitors were about 20.  During the relief society hour there were only two Italian sisters and the third one was trying to teach the lesson.  From the beginning of class the teacher looked worried because it was going to be really hard for her to teach a classroom of people that didn’t understand her language.  I volunteered to interpret so I just stood up and consecutively interpreted everything she said.  The American sisters were grateful and I was glad that I could help.

Sacrament meeting was good.  I was really proud of Hillary because she got up and bore her testimony.  She had prepared it in Italian and had it written out and everything.  I saw her studying something this morning and it turns out that she had be practicing it and trying to memorizing it.  She did awesome!  I remember she asked me a couple of weeks ago how to bear your testimony in Italian but I didn’t thinks she’d be doing it this Sunday. 

During sacrament meeting it started raining really hard.  Hillary and I got super worried because we knew we were going to have to ride home on our bikes.  The Elders found us a couple of trash bags and we made ourselves ponchos.  It was really rainy at first and I got really wet but then it eased up and it wasn’t so bad.  It reminded me of riding the bike on my mission in the rain.  It was the only times that I was glad for the helmet that we had to wear because it kept a bit of the rain off my face. 

For the rest of the day Hillary and I just hung out and caught up on our journals.  We had dinner with Rita and she told us all about the German woman that’s going to be staying here as well starting today.  She’ll be here for the rest of the time we’re here.  Rita says we have to help her out because she doesn’t speak much Italian.  She’s a 70 year old lady who I suppose just wanted to come here for a couple for weeks to learn Italian.  Hillary and I aren’t too excited about it because we’re going to have to share our bathroom and Rita’s affection.  Ha-Ha-Ha.

 

No comments: