Monday, June 8, 2009

Florence round 2

June 6, 2009

This morning Hillary and I left to catch the 6:27 train.  We rode fast and got there just two minutes before the train left.  As soon as we got into Florence we ran over to the Uffizi museum.  The first time we were in Florence the Uffizi museum had a five hour wait to get into the museum so Hillary and I decided to try back sometime and today we were able to get in.  We only had to wait about half an hour but it was much cooler weather than last time so it made it more enjoyable.  The museum was awesome! 

It had a lot of the paintings that I had to memorize for my Humanities exams last semester.  It’s pretty cool seeing things in real life that I’ve seen in text books. We saw pieces by And I really like museums.  I got an audio guide so I could know a lot of the background on the paintings.  We spent a good amount of time in the museum after which we walked around Florence some more and had some gelato. We also stopped by the open market and looked at all the curios.  It’s funny seeing the running Africans.  Well, that’s what I call them because ever so often you see groups of African men carrying purses, and other counterfeit merchandise, running away from the carabinieri (Italian police).  They usually group around the markets because that’s where they sell the best.  After that we headed home.  Even though it was slightly overcast it was SOOO hot and HUMID!!  There are two fatty hills on the way home and I almost died on both.  At home we watched Notting Hill; Hillary checked it out from the library and I really like that movie.  In the movie the couple gets married in the end and that’s my favorite part!  Because I like weddings!!! J

No comments: