June 8, 2009
Monday! I woke up early because the new lady needed the bathroom at the time I usually shower so I showered earlier than I usually do. Then I laid down for a second to take a nap before I went to school but I over did it and I was almost late for school but luckily I made it just in time.
The first hour was the 4th class. When Professor Monaci checked the attendance it turned out that they students had done a mass absence on Saturday. These kids have school from Monday to Saturday. Apparently they all got together and decided that they were all going to cut class on Saturday. When Professor M. asked about it they sort of just laughed it off. Wow, these kids are good! I remember we always talked about boycotting class all together but we never actually did it! These kids have guts! There was one girl that hadn’t gotten the message about not coming to class so she said that she came but no one was here so she just left. Professor M. just spent the class room interrogating a couple of students that had asked to be interrogated in hopes of raising their grade. The whole class a couple of students talked even though the teacher kept asking them to stop. It’s like Professor M. doesn’t even exist because he tells them to be quiet and they stop for a second but then they just continue as soon as he turns his attention somewhere else. The topic of interrogation was Jonathan Swift.
The next class was the 3rd class and we watched the end of the Dead Poet’s Society. At the end Professor M. tried to get a discussion gong about the film but he got…NOTHING. They’ve got to be brain dead or something because they sort of just sit there with blank stares.
The next class was the 2nd class. Wow, this class is the smelliest class EVER! Seriously, do they not smell it? Don’t their parent’s tell them anything? This was the worst that it’s been since I’ve been here and its not even that hot outside right now. For this class time Professor M. went over all the things they had learned this year and then had them sign it. I guess this is something he has to do in every class just so that everyone agrees on what they’ve done. I had a hard time staying awake. I’m really glad that this is the last week of school so I can just have time to chill next week without having to wake up early and have responsibilities. For the rest of the class time the teacher tried to give them a general idea of what their grade is going to look like. I think as school comes to an end the lessons are going to be getting more and more boring because it’s just wrap-up work.
The last class was the 5th class. We did the same as we did in last class. Professor M. went over all their grades and told them their averages. Theyse kids are so funny and they crack me up. I’m so immature that if I were to be left in a classroom alone with them I might just get bored, lose it and giggle the whole time with them. It’s probably just because they’re the last hour of the day. The last hour always goes the slowest. For the rest of the class time there was an interrogation on Oscar Wilde.
The new lady that is also going to be staying at Rita’s came right before dinner yesterday. Her name is Barbara, she’s 62 years old, and she’s from Germany. She’s really nice and she had some questions about our church during dinner so we told her a bit and then Hillary gave her a Restoration pamphlet. Hillary rocks!
No comments:
Post a Comment