June 2, 2009
Tuesday!!
Jackeline slept in pretty late but when she got up we went out and got ourselves a Kebap that we had both been craving since the day before. It was around 11 in the morning. She asked me if there were a lot of Middle Eastern people where I was from. I told her not many. And she was like, “Wait, so does that mean you don’t have Kebap’s either?” I was like, “Nope!” And she said, “This is a tragedy!” Hahaha. A kepap is a sort of burrito type of thing with meat and other vegetables and yummy spices. The people where we ate at were from Istanbul. They were really friendly. After we got our kebap we went to the open market. Since Milano is so big I think it has an open market every day of the week in different parts of the city. This market was also the one that my companion and I would usually go to and help out this lady in a wheel chair do some shopping. It interesting seeing how everything looked the same…and smelled the same too! It’s a mixture of fish, fried chicken, and body odor. Haha. Yeah.
After that we walked over to the Mc Donald’s that is right by the Central Station and had ourselves one last ice cream before parting. Jackeline walked me to my train and I hugged her goodbye. I plan on going back to Milano before I come home so it wasn’t goodbye forever. The train that I was on was packed! Luckily I was there early so I grabbed an open seat but some of them were reserved and I didn’t have a reservation so I just prayed that no one would kick me out of my seat. Unfortunately, thought, TRENITALIA did it again and my train was a whole half hour late getting in to Florence making me miss my other train to Empoli and from Empoli I had to switch trains to Siena. I was really worried because I knew that it was a holiday and that there might not be very many trains. Luckily I only had to wait about half an hour for the next train and this one was a direct train to Siena so everything turned out all right. I totally know that it wasn’t by chance and I am so grateful for all the times that my Heavenly Father has been watching over me here in Italy. When I got home to Siena, Rita came and picked me up from the station. She told me that Hillary’s train had been late getting in Sunday night and that she actually didn’t get home until 1:30 AM! Ugh…TRENITALIA! Poor Hillary had quite a day but I’m so proud of my little brave friend! When I got home Hillary and I hugged and we were so happy to see each other because it was weird being away for a couple of days. We told each other all about the things we had done in the last couple of days and how we were glad to be back. It’s true…as great as Venice and Milan were Siena is soooo pretty and quiet and we feel much safer being out in the country away from the crowds.
No comments:
Post a Comment