June 1, 2009
Jackeline and I woke up around 10. Everyone kept coming in and out of her room because you have to go through it to get to the bathroom. She said she gets so annoyed with having four brothers sometimes. We got ready to go out and took the metro to the center of the city. Again…déjà vu!! The whole time. It was so weird seeing the Duomo again. I remember that on my mission we went to go sing carols in front of the Duomo on Christmas eve. It was really cool seeing it today because they had been cleaning the front of it when I was there before so I’ve never actually seen the whole front uncovered. It was beautiful and bigger than I remember it being. I forgot how much I love the center of Milan. We walked around and went in all my favorite shops and then we grabbed a gelato and walked down to the Castle that is near the Duomo. When I was here as a nanny five years ago I spent a lot of my time in the center of Milan and when I was here as a missionary two years ago we would often meet our teaching appointments in the center. So it felt SOOO weird being there again! After we got tired we went back to Jackeline’s place and watched some movies with her brothers. Her whole family is so cute! They just joke around and tease each other. Her mom is great because she’s got this awesome contagious laugh that I love. Everyone told me how weird it was to see me again, this time not as a missionary. They said I was a lot more relaxed and chill..haha imagine that. Good times!
That evening I also got to see Edith who is another girl I taught Milano. It was so good to see her and get to visit with her for a couple of hours. She came to meet me and we had some ice cream and just sat and caught up. Edith is this really sweet and just straight up GOOD person. She has so much goodness and kindness in her and when she speaks you can tell that she's learned so much from her life's experiences and it was awesome to also so how much she's grown in these past two years in the Church and in her testimony. I LOVE her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment