May 22, 2009
FRIDAYS!!! Yay, I’m happy that Friday is here again. It might sound weird but I’m sort of glad that my time here is going quickly because I really miss my fiancé JR and I can’t wait to see him again. I love you, honey!
In the first class of the day we talked grammar. It was the 2nd G class. As soon as Professor M. calmed everyone down he told everyone that I would be explaining about relative pronouns today. I was like, “eh…?!!” But I tried not to let it show and just played cool. Professor M. was like, “we’re all about improvisation here!” So I went for it and I think I did okay. My first instinct was to stand up and walk around while I talked. I think I’m more comfortable that way. I sort of just followed the book explanations and did some of the exercised from the book. So I have something I need to say here: I LOVE YOU SISTER MUNK! Sister Munk was my trainer on my mission and she would make me do the improv teacher thing all the time. I remember that the first time that it happened I was so furious at her but then I got better at it and if she hadn’t done that to me I might have freaked out today. Thanks Sister Munk.
Next was the 2nd A class. We talked about the difference between the uses of dead, death, deadly and deathly. Again…super hard to explain for a native speaker. Luckily Professor M. helped me out with this one.
The last class was the 5th class. The last period of the day is often really difficult for me. It was especially difficult today because it was really warm in the room and the windows were open so you could hear the cars passing by outside and the only voices you could hear are the teacher asking his questions and the student answering to survive the interrogation. Today the topic was on the poets Wordsworth and Blake. I really like to be able to learn about all this literature that I’ve never read too much before but at the same time it can be incredibly boring!
Hillary and I rented some more movies from the library and then we came home and watched a Cinderella story with Hillary duff and the first Harry Potter. Hillary had both movies memorized almost line by line. We laughed so hard. Tomorrow we’re going on a day trip to San Gimignano which another little city about half an hour away.
No comments:
Post a Comment