May 2, 2009
FLORENCE!!! It was magical. It was beautiful! Hillary and I left early in the morning. Rita graciously gave us a ride to the train station. We jumped on the 8:18 train and it took us about an hour to reach Florence. We exited the station and made our way to the Gallaria Accademia to see Michelangelo’s David but the line was so long that we decided to bypass it and go to the next thing we planned on seing which was the Galleria dei Uffizi. There is a bunch of famous art there but the line was about 4 hours long. We decided to bypass that also and we said we would com back to see it another time. We then went through the ponte vecchio which is quite famous and is one of the greatest characteristics of Florence. We then we went to the Palazzo Piti, which had some gardens as well as a museum of costumes that they used in the olden times. It was all quite interesting. Afterwards we went to find some food. I got a kepab! I LOVE KEBAP!! I feel like I’ve been waiting two whole years for such a yummy kebap. Its kind of like a burrito but middle eastern style. Afterwards we went to go see the frescoes in the Brancacci Chapel. I loved the frescoes done by Maaccio of which I learned in my Humanities class. Afterwards we went to a big open market that had lots of touristy things. We had walked around all day and gotten lots of sun so we headed home at about 5:10. There was a big thunderstorm on the way home but then by the time we got to Siena it had stopped raining. We got some things at the supermarket before getting on the bus including some bottled water. It was sort of heavy carrying it home from the bus but I put it on my head and it made it much more manageable. I bet I looked odd but oh well. Rita had dinner ready for us, which was awesome. Food felt so good in our tummies after such a long day. Now we are off to bed because we have church early in the morning. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment