May 1, 2009
This morning we went to drop off Martina at the train station. While we were there at the train station Hillary and I bought our train tickets for tomorrow so that we could go to Florence. Our train leaves at 8:47 in the morning. After that we came home and I took a nap while Hillary went on a run. Around noon Rita
Today we went to Montereggioni, which is a little citadel. It was used to help protect Siena from oncoming soldiers from Florence. It has city wall and towers which make it look like a castle. Hillary and I walked around a little bit and looked at the different stores. They had a lot of ceramic crafts and they had a few touristy shops with curios and what not. It was nice to get out and walk around and look at cool buildings. We got home at around 3. Then we sat outside and worked our Journals for a while. Then Hillary read while I watched a little bit of a Movie. It was so so nice to just sit outside and chill. We were able to get some sun and just relax. Then we took a short walk and sat outside some more. Hillary and I read a couple of conference talks from my iphone and then we came home for dinner. Today has been so chill and relaxed. I really liked it and I’m very excited to go to Florence tomorrow. I know we will be doing a lot of walking so I better get some rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment