Monday, May 4, 2009

The Siena Branch

May 3, 2009

Church!  It was so interesting going to a small branch.  There were like 30 people or so and most of them were tourists that were visiting. We left early in the morning an were able to find the street but we couldn’t find the church.  Finally we saw the missionaries walking to church and followed them to the branch building.  It’s this little ground floor apartment.  It was quite an experience being in such a small branch. 

We came home afterwards and took a nap except for I slept for like 3 hours!  It was nice but I guess I was tired.  Then we had dinner.  Rita made us some gnocchi with Ragu sauce.  For the second course we had boiled eggs with some green sauce with some salad.  We asked some questions about what contrada she belongs to.  The contradas are the different groups they have here in Siena that correspond with the Palio, or the horse race, that they have every summer. 

It was a very pretty day.  It was sunny and the birds were chirping.  Hillary and I sat outside and took some sun for a while.  

No comments: