**PICTURES WILL COME LATER! CHECK BACK!**
June 27, 2009
I went to Como today. Ahhh, bella Como!
Jackelin was sad to see me go but I promised to be back next week. I left most of my luggage at Jackelin’s since I’ll be spending one last night there before I fly home. I packed just a backpack for Como, stopped at a bakery and got myself some breakfast and got myself to the train station. It was so weird being on the train heading back to my last area of my mission. It was like watching my life rewind.
On the train, sitting near me, there were was an African lady with her two kids. Wow, they were so loud and her kids were really fussy. She kept yelling and hitting her little boy. I really hate it when moms hit their kids and I hate it even more when I see them do it in public.
I took the train from Milano to Monza where I had to switch trains. Luckily I made it to Monza on time but then of course my train from Monza to Como was late. Right before the train was supposed to come I ran to find an ATM and I barely made it back. Every time a different station was announced they told also how late we were getting there and apologized for the tardiness.
While on the way Como I was hit with a sudden surge of gratitude. I started counting my blessings and thinking about how awesome it is that I’ve got this chance to come back to this beautiful city that I love and see people that I’ve missed. Ahh, when I saw it my heart surged with happiness. The beautiful mountains filled with homes and historic buildings surround the clear blue water of Lake Como. I actually didn’t even stop in Como, I just saw it from the train window. I went all the way across the border to Chiasso, Switzerland. Viola’s daughter Vivana came on the bus and met me at the station. She helped me change some euros into francs so I could buy a bus ticket. Vivana and I went back to her house on the bus. Viola’s got a nice spacious three bedroom apartment and since Viola had to work until six Vivana and I made some lunch and hung out. It was so fun seeing Viola again. She was tired from working all day long but she made us some pasta and then I took her little rabbit Michelle out for a walk (actually for a bounce). It was kind of fun because I hadn’t ever really spent time with bunny before other than the time I ate some.
Afterwards I helped Viola make la moose. It’s this yummy chocolate creamy desert stuff that Viola likes to make and that’s really good. It’s super chocolaty and I can only have so much of it at a time but Viola and Viviana seem to be immune to it. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment