Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Smoking kills!

June 16 2009
Tuesday!  Lazy Tuesday!  Today was the usual.  I exercised in the morning a bit and then got read and went to centro.  I talked to JR and wrote in my blog.  Hm...not much to tell.  On my walk this morning I noticed how many empty cigarette boxes there were along the road.  It's really sad because it's such a beautiful place yet everyone litters!  And most of what the litter was were empty cigarette boxes and empty gum boxes.  I like the cigarette boxes here in Italy because they say all sorts of interesting things on them.  I don't know if its the same way in other places but here the boxes say things like: Quitting smoking reduces the risk of
 cardiovascular disease.
  











Smoking causes lung cancer.










Smoking clogs your arteries and causes strokes.









Smoking ages your skin. :(











The classic: Smoking Kills!










Smoking seriously harms you and those around you. 











And the last one says:
Protect your children: don't make them breath your smoke.











You would think that they would get the message.  Hm...these people need help. 

4 comments:

my favorite color is green said...

Hey Dani- It's fun to read your blog. I've been reading it for a while but haven't commented. Our family blog is at tyemarietoatree.blogspot.com
-Tye

Dani said...

YAY! Thanks for reading my blog! :)

Kayla Smith said...

haha i love this. way to realize a creative moment. very interesting.

Dani said...

Thanks! :)