June 24, 2009
VERONA! Rachel made really yummy pancakes this morning. Hmmmm! I can’t wait to get home! I miss so many American things. After, we piled in the car and drove to Verona!

It was so nice having two hours to bond with Rachel on the way there. Charlotte was really good and just slept in the back seat. In Verona we first stopped at Esther’s house. Esther’s a super strong African member that we had a really good relationship with as sister missionaries.
She was really surprised to see me.
Rachel and Esther have been really good friends throughout the years and Esther hadn’t seen Charlotte yet so she was super happy that we came over.

After Rachel’s we went over Edda and Remo’s.
They’re another super strong member couple that Rachel has kept in touch with over the years.
They really love her and were so happy to see Charlotte.
Edda especially went nuts over her! They made us really yummy tortellini with mushrooms. After dinner I took Charlotte into my arms and tried to get her to fall asleep because she was tired and cranky. She didn’t go down without a fight. I had to hold her and sing to her and then she fell asleep. She was so cute! She just put her little head against my chest and got heavier and heavier as she was falling asleep in my arms. Ahhh, it was an awesome feeling. 
After we left Edda and Remo’s we went into the center of the city to walk around a bit.
It was a really weird feeling being back in the first area of my mission.
I forgot how beautiful Verona is.
I saw this girl named Natascia in one of the popular piazzas. We used to teacher her sometimes. She and her dad run a little stand that sells souvenirs. I sort of just went up to her and said hello and asked if she remembered me. She did!

And she let me take a picture with her.
She was really nice and gave me a pair of cute earrings from her stand.
After we walked around a bit we headed back to Milano. In Milano we met Giovanni and had went to an aperitif at this place called the Bhangra Bar. It’s this really fun place that I learned about when I was here as a nanny. 
They have Indian food and yummy exotic non-alcoholic drinks. I held Charlotte while we ate and she made friends with the people sitting next to us.


She just flirted and smiled at them and they loved it!
Rachel said that Charlotte makes friends wherever she goes.
1 comment:
I love reading your posts about your adventures in Italy -- especially stories about our piccolo Lottie ( I am her Grammie). Thank you for sharing your stories so I can see her through your eyes. I am glad that you have been there to be friends with Rachael and share your experiences with her
Post a Comment