June 4, 2009
I’ve been trying to set my alarm so I can wake up early to go get some exercise but that’s at 5:45 and I haven’t been do very well with that. I think last weekend just took a lot out of me. Hillary and I plan to go back to Florence this weekend so it will be just a day trip on Saturday and we’ll get back at a reasonable hour.
I was SO tired on my way to school today but as soon as I got there I realized that its Thursday and that means that for the first three classes we’ll be in the computer lab which means we’ll probably be watching films. YAY!! I was so happy that I instantly felt a lot better. The first class was the 3rd class and we continued watching the Dead Poets Society. I really like this movie but its sort of sad. It gives a good message about the dangers of conformity. In the movie the main boy shoots himself because his father is too overbearing and controlling. That was really sad but it made me think about the things that I was discussing with Professor M. a while ago. He said he was against rigid discipline and military type rule because the students should be free to think for themselves. I realize the great importance of finding balance in EVERYTHING! The whole world is about balance. I’m going to be thinking a lot about balance this week and how it applies in the gospel and in the scriptures.
The next class was the 2nd G class. Luckily someone came prepared to give a general summary. Her name is Genevre (Jennifer) and she’s really cute and does pretty well in English. I’m glad at least someone listened to Professor M.’s lecture last class about how they need to do better. We watched the film About a Boy. I think the students really enjoy it and they seem to be paying more attention than last time.
In the next class we also watched About a Boy with the 2nd A class. It was kind of annoying watching the exact same thing twice and I wonder if teachers ever get bored out of their mind with teaching the same things over and over. Probably.
The last class of the day was the 4th class. Before class started another teacher came in and talked to Professor M. for a long time even after the bell rang. The students just sort of hung out and walked around. Then during the class time there were two other interruptions by other teachers…it’s a wonder anyone ever gets anything done around here. During the rest of the time there was an interrogation of a couple of students on the differences between the writers Fielding, Defoe, and Jones. I think they did well but their pronunciation was really bad and hard to understand.
After class I went over to the public library and rented a couple of DVD’s to watch at home. I also caught up with my Blog and other internship assignments. Then I went home and watched one of the DVD’s that I checked out which is this film called Déjà vu. It’s got Denzel Washington and I really like him as an actor. The character that he played was a very morally good person and I’ve started thinking about character and morality. Yes!! More things to ponder about! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment