Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Io non ho paura.

May 19, 2009

Yay for lazy Tuesdays.  I woke up late, at breakfast slowly and read in bed for a while.  I’m reading Robinson Crusoe because they talk about it a lot in class.  Then I got ready and went into town.  I stopped by a bike shop to get my brakes checked out and I also got a thing put on the back where I can carry my bag and my laundry on laundry day.  I’m so excited!  Then I came to the language school to write in my journal and post some pictures on my facebook.  On my way home I was craving gelato so badly so I stopped and got some and it was incredibly delightful.  Then I went home on my bike and had dinner. 

After dinner I watched an Italian film called, “Io non ho paura.”  This film takes place in Sicily and a lot of the language in the film is dialect.  I put the Italian subtitles on so I could follow the story better and be able to read new vocabulary.  The story is about a boy named Michele who is 10 years old and lives out in the country with his parents and little sister.  He finds a little boy hidden in a hole and it turns out that his parents had helped kidnap the boy for ransom.  Michele takes it upon himself to save the little boy.  The ending was different from American films because it didn’t wrap everything up in a nice little package.  This is one of the reasons that I like foreign films because each culture has their own way of telling stories.  

2 comments:

Lisa Puga said...

Yum. Gelato sounds good. Would you mind sending me some? :)

Dani said...

Oh my gosh...it is SOOOOO good! I told mom we need to make a trip to Italy alllll together!