May 18, 2009
I was so tired when I woke up but I still had to show up at my internship. Since Rita had given us a ride home my bike was still at the station. I took the bus to school but I was running late so I didn’t get to breakfast.
Monday, our first class is the 4th class. I had a hard time staying awake. They had an interrogation about the literature that they are working on. A lot of the literature that Professor M. teaches about is starting to sound the same. I think it would get boring as a teacher if you had to teach the same thing over and over again.
As usual everyone is tired and asleep. In the 3rd class one of the students that Professor M. called on wasn’t prepared and when the teacher asked why he said that it was he had fallen asleep on the bus coming to school and someone had stole his homework that he was working on while he was sleeping. Everyone laughed of course; I guess they have their own versions of ‘my dog ate my homework’ here.
During prep hour Professor M. showed me how they have to fill out a request and submit it for approval when they want to use a new textbook. They have to write up a proposal and a justification and present it at their big teachers meetings that they have every couple of months.
The next class was the 2nd A class. We talked about grammar and I felt like I was going to fall asleep again. Man, kids that age are so smelly and since its starting to get hotter and they’re always in the same classroom it gets really gross. These kids need to shower more often.
The next class was the 5th class. The two students who didn’t get to finish their interrogations last week were able to do so today. Then they started their big end of the year review. Today they talked about the Romantic period and how it influenced each individual Europeans country. I was so sleepy and I think some of the students noticed how I just fought my eyelids the whole time. After school I went into town and used the internet for a bit. Hillary and I did our laundry which we had brought into town and then I walked to the station to get my bike and rode it home. Hillary and I watched the season finale of America’s Next Top Model and had lunch with Rita. My classes are canceled tomorrow because Professor M. wont be at school. So I get to sleep in !!
No comments:
Post a Comment