Monday, May 25, 2009

Families!

May 24, 2009

Good Sunday!  Today at church all they talked about was missionary work.  Sometimes I wonder if the members ever get tired of hearing this over and over again but these members really seem to like it.  There is a lady in the branch that has a son serving in the Milano mission.  Her son had another Italian companion who had to go home a few months ago because he was diagnosed with cancer.  During his treatment he got sick and died last week.  Sooooo sad!  She read to us some of the emails that this elder had written to her son.  Wow, I think that it would be so hard but I’m so grateful for the gospel.  Also, I can’t imagine one of my mission companions getting sick and dying while I was still on a mission.  I think that would be so sad and hard to go through. 

I am just so grateful for my awesome family that I have.  I think families are the best thing EVER and I love the feeling of love that you can feel from each other.

Pedro, I can’t wait to be an auntie!  Thanks for being such an awesome example to me.  Jordan, I’m so happy you got a job!  Thanks for being nice to JR, he really likes you.  Gabby, I miss you so bad, sister.  Whenever you boss is being mean to you just think of me throwing that cereal box at you that one time, you’ll laugh about it later.  Darla, HONEY BUNNY I love you!!!  I think you’re so cool for being so strong and so good and I think you’re sooooo pretty!  Dad, thanks for being my daddy.  Mom, thank you for your love and thank you for being my teacher. 

This was a good weekend.  We just sort of took naps for the rest of the day and then ahd dinner.  Its getting hotter so we stayed indoors.  Outside the air is getting heavy with humidity and sometimes its even hard to breath.  

2 comments:

Alma Miles said...

It looks like is fun to be able to visit all these cities. It makes me want to visit Europe. Love Mom

Dani said...

Yay mommy!! thanks for commenting on my blog! Maybe some day we can all come to Italy! :)