June 29, 2009
Today was a national holiday here in Switzerland so Viola had the day off. Viviana left for girls camp so Viola and I went to the swimming pool with Maria Mabilia and her son Amadeus. Maria’s husband Angelo wasn’t able to come. The Mabilia family is really strong in the church and they are really good people. The couple is actually leaving on Saturday to go work at the temple for six months. We spent all afternoon at the swimming pool getting sun. The pool was really big and there were a lot of people. It’s so funny because a lot of the Italian women wear bikinis…no matter what their body type is. And…yeah it was kinda gross. It was just so funny to me how even the older women wore bikinis and walked around freely like they didn’t care how many pounds of cottage cheese they had hanging off their butt and their thighs. I laid out and tried to tan a bit but I guess I put too much sun block because I don’t think I got any darker.
After we got back from the pool I went with Viola to the store and then we went home and had dinner.
The Mabilias came over for family home evening later that night. Viola gave a message on reverence and then we ate some fruit that the Mablias had brought. It was a good day! J
No comments:
Post a Comment