Friday, June 19, 2009

Adieu!


June 18

Goodbye Siena!  Goodbye Hillary!  Goodbye bicycle!  Farewell little streets that overflow with tourists.  Goodbye Rita with your constant loud yelling.  Goodbye topi the cat who likes to hang out in our room when we’re not there and leave cat hair everywhere.  Goodbye annoying slow internet that doesn’t work at the school.  Goodbye beautiful hills and countryside that is full of the annoying little insects that I run into while riding the bike. 

Mamma mia, Hillary leaves this evening.  She’s taking a night train to Paris where she’ll meet up with her family and I am so sad to see her go.  It’s going to be weird still being here in Italy for a couple weeks without her.  We’ve been packing the last few days and it’s really depressing.  As a goodbye gift she gave me a pack of Ringo cookies.  They’re my favorite!  I got her a pair of socks that say “Happy Kiss” on them.  They’re really cheesy but she loved them. 

My train leaves tomorrow at 1 in the afternoon.  I’m going to be staying in Milano with some friends for a week and then I’ll be in Como for the next week.  I’ll try to keep writing but if I don’t for a couple of days, please don’t me alarmed (mom).  Love you all!! 


No comments: