4/29/09
Wednesday…today I went to school all by myself because Hillary and Martina both left early. It was really quiet and tranquil on the way to school. I kind of liked the quiet time. It is so weird for me to ride the bus and not have to talk to people. The buses are the exact same one as they had in my mission and the drivers are almost as crazy as well. I felt so guilty that I was just sitting there and I wasn’t trying to share the gospel. It’s also weird to not have to be with a companion all of the time. I sort of like that we can separate if we don’t both want to go somewhere and it was kind of nice to have that bus ride by myself this morning.
During school it was somewhat hard to concentrate. It wasn’t that I was tired I guess I just had my mind on other things. During the third hour we talked about literature and the sort of books that we enjoy reading. I talked about one of my favorite childhood books, which is, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle. It reminded me of how much I used to read growing up and that when I hit college I stopped reading because I never had time. I really want to get back into the habit of reading because it is such an awesome outlet. I miss it a lot.
In the afternoon I had an extra two hours with a teacher that was supposed to give me an introduction to the education system of Italy as well as some academic vocabulary that will be helpful to me during my internship. She asked me a lot of questions about the American education system and then told me about the Italian education system. There seem to be quite a few things that are different and it was interesting to learn about it. Tomorrow we will be exploring the subject further.
The ride home was also really good. I was so lost in thought that I almost missed my bus. I cam home alone because Hillary met up with some friends from home that happened to be in town. It’s almost ten and she’s still not home so I hope she’s having a really good time.
I think I’m starting to adjust to Siena. I can’t wait until I actually start my internship so I can get into a set routine…I love routine, and consistency.
No comments:
Post a Comment