Monday, May 11, 2009


May 10, 2009

Sunday!!  Have I mentioned how much I love Sundays?  It was a beautiful and warm morning.  We rode our bikes to church but I tried not to push up the hills that fast because I didn’t want to show up to church all sweaty and overworked.  Church was great.  As last week there were tons of members from out of town on vacation who all spoke English so for Sunday school we had an Italian class in the smaller room and an English class in the big sacrament room.  We talked about the Sabbath day observance and the importance of preparing to take the sacrament.  After church Hillary and I went into Piazza del Campo, which is in the center of the city.  We sat and read for a while and while we were there a little parade started of one of the contradas.  There were boys from 13-19 carrying flags and some drums dressed in the costumes of their contradas.  It was quite interesting to see.  They did a parade around the piazza and all the tourists loved the show!  Hillary and I found a call center and then we called our moms to wish them a happy birthday.  After seeing the way some of these kids here in Italy treat their parents and grandparents I’m really grateful for the way my mom has raised me, and the respect she’s taught me to have towards others.  I love you ma!  Happy Mother’s to all you mommas out there!

 

Hillary and I rode home on our bikes.  I really need to get in shape because the whole time I was huffing and puffing!  We had lunch while we watched the Disney movie, Atlantis.  I love that movie!  I like the little mole that says, “I’m SO excited!”  He’s so cute!  I took a nap and then later we had dinner.  Rita had her sister over who’s older than her.  I thought her sister was like 70 or so but it turns out that she’s 80!  The lady looks great for 80 years old!  It must be the good earth and all the vegetables they eat.  

No comments: